Feeding the Families Program
Now Accepting Families for the 2019 CSA season
We believe that access to nutritious food is a basic human right and that food education empowers people with skills and knowledge that can last a lifetime. The Feeding the Families program assists financially-challenged families with whole or half CSA shares of healthy vegetables from our local farm partners. During the 20-22 week growing season, program participants visit the farm weekly for their share pick up and attend a minimum of one hands-on food education workshop or tasting provided by our Food School program. Feeding the Families participants are stakeholders; they contribute a co-payment for a portion of the cost of their vegetable share. Families are chosen on a first come, first serve basis and, when necessary, there is a waiting list.
- Participants must have an income level at or below 185% of the federal poverty level.
- Co-payment amount is based on income and the cost of the vegetable share.
- Meet with the program director to complete their application and to have any questions answered.
- Arrange for the pick up of CSA shares.
- Attend one workshop or food tasting during the growing season.
- Complete an evaluation survey at the beginning and end of the season to help us better programs and grow our reach within the community through funding oppertunities.
- If you have questions please contact Program Director Jill Munson at email@example.com.
If interested in becoming a participant please download and fill out the application below.