Feeding the Families Program
Now Accepting Families for the 2020 CSA season
Privacy is important to you and us. The only people that will know you are part of the program will be Jill , your Vegetable Connection contact, and the farmers at your chosen farm.
We believe that access to nutritious food is a basic human right and that food education empowers people with skills and knowledge that can last a lifetime. The Feeding the Families program assists financially-challenged families with whole or half CSA shares of healthy vegetables from our local farm partners. During the 20-22 week growing season, program participants visit the farm weekly for their share pick up and attend a minimum of one hands-on food education workshop or tasting provided by our Food School program. Feeding the Families participants are stakeholders; they contribute a co-payment for a portion of the cost of their vegetable share. Families are chosen on a first come, first serve basis and, when necessary, there is a waiting list.
- Participants must have an income level at or below 185% of the federal poverty level.
- Co-payment amount is based on income and the cost of the vegetable share.
- Meet with the program director to complete their application and to have any questions answered.
- Arrange for the pick up of CSA shares.
- Attend one workshop or food tasting during the growing season.
- Complete an evaluation survey at the beginning and end of the season to help us better programs and grow our reach within the community through funding oppertunities.
- If you have questions please contact Program Director Jill Munson at email@example.com.
If interested in becoming a participant please download and fill out the application below.