2023 CSA season is open.
We believe that access to nutritious food is a basic human right. The Feeding the Families program assists financially challenged families with whole or half Community Supporting Agriculture shares of healthy vegetables from our local farm partners. During the 16 to 22 weeks of the growing season, families visit the farm or farm’s pick up site to pick up their share of the harvest. The families are stakeholders; they contribute a co-payment based on their income. Families are chosen on a first come, first served basis. When necessary, we establish a waiting list in case there are openings.
Program requirements and responsibilities:
- Families must have an income level at or below 200% of the federal poverty level.
- Copayment amount is based on income and the cost of the chosen share. Copayment can be made in full or on a monthly payment plan.
- Meet with the Program Director to complete the application and to have any questions answered.
- Complete application process at the beginning and end of season. Participate in surveys throughout the season. The information is compiled to attain funding to continue these programs & make continued improvements in the programs.
- Attend a Nutrition Education opportunity during the growing season.
- Commit to picking up the vegetables each week or arrange for a friend to pick up if cannot.