2020 CSA season is full.
We believe that access to nutritious food is a basic human right. The Feeding the Families program assists financially challenged families with whole or half Community Supporting Agriculture shares of healthy vegetables from our local farm partners. During the 20 to 22 weeks of the growing season, families visit the farm or farmers’ market to pick up their share of the harvest. The families are stakeholders; they contribute a co-payment based on their income. Families are chosen on a first come, first served basis. When necessary, we establish a waiting list in case there are openings.
Program requirements and responsibilities:
- Families must have an income level at or below 185% of the federal poverty level.
- Co-payment amount is based on income and the cost of the chosen share. Co-payment can be made in full or on a monthly payment plan.
- Meet with the Program Director to complete the application and to have any questions answered.
- Complete an evaluation survey at the beginning and end of the program year.
- Attend a Food School educational opportunity during the growing season.
- Commit to picking up the vegetables each week or arrange for a friend to pick up if cannot.