Without the dedication and commitment of our volunteers, The Vegetable Connection programs would come to a screeching halt! You don’t need a special degree to change a child’s life- with passion for growing food on farms and growing knowledge in kids, you’re already qualified.
In 2014, The Vegetable Connection volunteers:
– donated over 500 programming hours with The Vegetable Connection’s Farms-to-Schools Initiative as instructors, station leaders, and photographers
– helped plan, facilitate, and clean-up after four public events and one gigantic fundraiser
– donated six hours of their time and energy clearing and mulching The Children’s Garden at Spring Kite Farm
– donated more than $600 to support The Food School’s programming
As The Vegetable Connection grows by leaps and bounds, our need for volunteers grows too. In the coming year we need folks who can:
– serve as group leaders during Farms-to-Schools field trips (average participation time= 4 hours per field trip)
– spread the word about The Vegetable Connection’s mission and vision at work in our community
– donate their time, energy, or money towards The Vegetable Connection’s mission of connecting kids to the sources of their food and the community members who grow them.
If you are interested in getting involved with The Vegetable Connection, please check out our Upcoming Events page, Facebook @ The Vegetable Connection, or email the Program Director, Jill Munson, email@example.com.