Without the dedication and commitment of our volunteers, The Vegetable Connection programs would come to a screeching halt! You don’t need a special degree to change a person’s life- with passion for growing food on farms and growing knowledge in kids, you’re already qualified.
In past years The Vegetable Connection volunteers:
– donated over 500 programming hours with The Vegetable Connection’s Farms-to-Schools Initiative as instructors, station leaders, and photographers
– helped plan, facilitate, and clean-up after public events and one gigantic fundraiser
– donated hours of their time and energy clearing and mulching at local farms
– donated more than $600 to support The Food School’s programming
As The Vegetable Connection grows by leaps and bounds, our need for volunteers grows too. In the coming year we need folks who can:
– spread the word about The Vegetable Connection’s mission and vision at work in our community
– donate time, energy, or money towards The Vegetable Connection’s mission of connecting kids and adults to the sources of their food and the community members who grow them.
-assist in planning, setting up, and running events
-teach hands-on workshops
-help keep operations running smoothly by entering data, contacting potential donors, and updating the website
If you are interested in getting involved with The Vegetable Connection, please email Program Director Jill Munson at email@example.com or Executive Director Michelle Hindman at firstname.lastname@example.org.