The Feeding the Families program assists low-income families access to fresh, nutritious vegetables along with community support and education. The vegetable shares are purchased from several local Community Supporting Agriculture farms. The farm will be picked to best fit the needs and location of each family. The families pick up the vegetables according to the farm’s distribution schedule during the growing season. The families have a co-payment based on income. Families will be selected on a first come, first served basis.
The educational component occurs through workshops and tastings. A family member is required to attend a minimum of one workshop/tasting during the year. They will be held at different times and dates to be accessible to all participants. A calendar of options will be provided.
Privacy is important to you and us. The only people that will know you are part of the program will be Jill, your Vegetable Connection contact, and the farmers at your chosen farm.
- Income level at or below 185% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- Pay co-payment amount either monthly or in full.
- Pick up the vegetable share each week. If you cannot make a pick-up, please arrange for someone else to pick up your share.
- Attend one workshop/tasting offered from May through September.
- Complete evaluation surveys at the beginning and end of the year. The information is compiled and used to attain funding to continue this program. It is also used to make improvements in the program.
- Any questions call Jill at 970.420.8203 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Use the Form
- Fill it out online. Please fill out the form below, print it (you’ll get a link for this) and it will be sent to Jill automatically. There will be a meeting with any option.
- Fill it out online and bring to your meeting. Another option is to fill out the form online, print it (you’ll get a link for this) and bring to your meeting with Jill where the application will be completed. There will be a meeting with any option.
- Download a fillable/printable form. You can also download and save the form and open it with the free Acrobat Reader DC. You can then either fill out the form and print it, or print a blank version and fill it out by hand. There will be a meeting with any option.