Our in-person tastings and workshops have been cancelled in 2020 because of Covid-19. Our educational offerings will be held virtually. The Vegetable Connection is collaborating with the Larimer County Food Bank to offer six classes through their Cooking Matters program. The Nutrition Coordinator, Whitney, will teach the classes. To register for classes participants must contact Jill at The Vegetable Connection. The following are the choices:
- Cooking Matters at the Store – Learn how to shop for healthier food choices while staying within your budget.
- Cooking Matters at Home: Family Meals – Learn to plan and prepare quick, budget-friendly, and chaos-free meals at home during this public health crisis.
- Cooking Matters at Home: Recipes – Learn how to adjust recipes to maximize your food resources and meet your family’s needs.
- Cooking Matters at Home: Food Storage and Kitchen Safety – Learn how to maximize household food resources, store or preserve your fresh foods safely, and avoid numerous grocery store trips during this health crisis.
- Cooking Matters at Home: Snacking – Learn to make smart choices about the snacks you serve your kids and involve kids in snack preparation while everyone is at home.
- Cooking Matters at Home: Kids in the Kitchen – Learn to work together with the kids in your care to make healthy meals and snacks that everyone will enjoy.
In addition to the Food Bank classes, Jill will be offering virtual classes. Participants can choose up to three of the following classes: Sauerkraut, Kimchi, Zucchini and freezing preparation, Pickling, Kale/Chard Qquesadilla, Soup with Veggies, Winter Squash, and Canning (a two hour commitment). The first seven classes will involve a one-hour commitment. Contact Jill to sign up.