Quinoa Veggie Burgers
Quinoa burgers are nutritious and easy to make for dinner, then use for leftovers the next day. They make use of seasonal veggies and can be customized with any flavors and seasonings you like! Freeze them into patties and pull them out when you need a quick meal. They store up to a week in the refrigerator, so making a big batch and making patties as you need them is a fast meal.
3 cups cooked quinoa
1 spaghetti squash, cooked and shredded
3 carrots, shredded
2 eggs or flax as a substitute
1 cup breadcrumbs or panko (omit for gluten free)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper to taste, Additional spices or seasonings as desired
Olive oil for cooking
Directions for Cooking Spaghetti Squash
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half
- Place both halves face down on a baking sheet with water in the sheet
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes at 400 degrees (until soft and easy to pierce with a fork)
- Let cool then shred the insides with a fork
Cook 1 cup of dry quinoa according to instructions on the package. 1 cup of uncooked quinoa will equal 3 cups of cooked quinoa.
Directions for Making Quinoa Burgers
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well
- Heat a large skillet or griddle on medium heat
- Coat the bottom with olive oil
- Using a spoon, make patties with
the burger mixture and place in the pan.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes, then flip and cook another 8-10 minutes or until each side is browned.
- Serve on a bun with your favorite burger fixings
You can also put in the oven and cook the quinoa burger
- 375 degrees
- 15-20 minutes